Dad's Birthday


The day started with the kids crawling into bed with us, waving their home made cards. The note in C’s card was in that really endearing still-learning-how-to-write-and-spell format- a real keeper.

Once everyone was suitably dressed and awake, it was down to the kitchen for family pancakes!

I’m still considered the new guy at work, so it was surprising and humbling to get a full office chorus of Happy Birthday followed by 2 kinds of cake. In return, I provided the entertainment. I walked around the office on my hands, which I’ve done on most of my birthdays the last several years.

Back at home in the evening, we had more cake and candles with the kids and some great gifts. After I got the kids in bed and I settled down with a glass of red wine, family and friends from around the world called to wish a happy birthday.

And finally, the best sushi in London arrived for birthday dinner.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She arrives!

The Queens Jubilee; Part 3

Out to the theatre