This Morning, Like Many Mornings

So far this year, Bells and I have kept to a pretty good routine of running every other morning. This means me getting up at 6:30, running 3 miles, and then Bells going out and doing the same when I'm back.


When I walk back through the door, the kids are usually up and around. So there is a bit of playing and some random questioning about why this happens or how that works. And they may join me on the kitchen counter while I have some yogurt. Sometimes they will have dressed themselves already; other times they'll be at various stages of dress/undress.


This morning was no different. Questions from the kitchen counter, while I was still in my running clothes, eating breakfast. I then carried them both upstairs- one under each arm to squeals and giggling- to go shower.


On mornings when we’re not running, the kids will wake us by crawling into bed with us around 7am. Sometimes we protest. Sometimes not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She arrives!

A Galician Food Experience

Out to the theatre