The over-zealous Italian Police

I’ve had a few requests to elaborate on our Italian Police incident, so here goes:

Lunchtime one day I was driving the entire family around Orbetello looking for a parking spot. Bells spotted one, which I immediately pulled into.

Just as we started to pile out of the car, two Italian police officers pulled up behind me. One walked over to the car, speaking angrily in Italian. Bells began to talk to the officer AND translate to us. He didn’t like the fact that I had turned without using my blinker light.

This went on for a bit- back and forth in Italian.

Then, the officer said that I was subject to a very large, on-the-spot fine.

Quick thinking Bells then pretended she didn’t understand any Italian at all. The policeman grumbled and walked off, with a bus honking at him for blocking the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Galician Food Experience

She arrives!

D's 8th Birthday