American Independence Day

As some of you will know, today is the 4th of July- American Independence Day. Not a ton going on here at The Ex-Colonial Mothership today.

So to celebrate C and I went to the park and played- for the first time- a little baseball. Actually, Whiffle Ball. Godfather Ubu brought C a whiffle ball and bat (a plastic, light weight stand-in for real baseball equipment; big with kids C's age in the US).

As a side note: this bat- 3 feet long and looking like a real bat- made it through customs as carry-on from Chicago to Prague, down to Italy, and then to London.

I hit. C fielded and practiced his pitching.

Also, my spies in Wales tell me that they sang "Battle Hymn of the Republic" in church today, and the Independence Movement there is rising.

It is also the Iron Anniversary for Bells and I today. There's a joke somewhere about me getting her a cast iron frying pan as a gift...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Galician Food Experience

She arrives!